Entry Deadline August 15; Winners Announced Before Sept. 1, 2016
CHESAPEAKE, VA – (February 23, 2016) – Yupo Corporation America has issued a call for entries for the 2016 Wally Awards. A panel of judges will determine the winners, who will be announced online and through social media by the end of August.
Designers, marketers, artists, brand managers—all creatives are encouraged to enter their projects made with YUPO to the 2016 Wally Awards. There is no cost to enter the Wally Awards.
“After a year-long break, we’re excited to announce that the Wally Awards are back and better than ever,” said Bill Hewitt, Yupo’s marketing manager. “Any creation that uses YUPO – from labels to menus, maps to posters, artistic pieces to packaging – could be the next Wally Award winner!”
Judges will consider the entries for such qualities as functionality, originality, creativity and ‘personality,’ according to Hewitt.
The winner of the 2016 Wally Awards will receive a $1000 cash prize and will be featured in a full-page Yupo Ad in the in the August/September issue of Graphic Design USA, one of the design industry’s leading publications. Second and third place recipients will not leave empty-handed:
- 2nd place – $500 prize
- 3rd place – $250 prize
Winners will be announced via Yupo’s FaceBook page, Instagram and Twitter feed at the end of August 2016.
- FREE TO ENTER! There is NO entry fee to participate in the Wally Awards
- All projects created on YUPO Synthetic Papers that have not been previously submitted are eligible for submission
- Entry deadline is August 15, 2016, received or postmarked at Yupo’s headquarters in Chesapeake, Va.
- Descriptions accompanying the entries will help judges learn more about each project and why YUPO was selected as the preferred paper solution.
- Visit http://yupousa.com/wally-awards/past-winners/ to view past winners’ submissions.
How to Enter:
- All candidates must register online.
- Entries include a short description explaining why YUPO paper was chosen for the job
- Six (6) actual printed, illustrated or converted samples must be submitted to:
Yupo Corporation America
Attn: Wally Awards
800 Yupo Court
Chesapeake, VA 23320
- All submissions become the property of Yupo Corporation
- Projects previously submitted for past Wally Awards will not be considered
- Detailed rules and regulations can be found at here.
- All entry samples must be postmarked by August 15, 2016. Register now »